Danvers Police Images

If you have further questions, please contact the Danvers Police Department at 978-774-1213 ext. 113.
FAQs - Police Services

- How can I obtain or renew a firearms permit?
Information can be found on the Firearms Licensing Procedure page.

- Does the Danvers Police Department have a Child Safety Seat installation program?
Yes. If you would like assistance installing your Child Safety Seat, please call us at 978-774-1212, and we will tell you when a technician will be on duty, either here or at the Fire Department. Nonresidents: we would ask you to call your local police or fire department first, to see if they have a Child Safety Seat technician, before calling the Danvers Police.

- How can I get a copy of a police report?
If you are the victim or reporting person, and the report has not resulted in criminal charges, you may pick up a copy at the Danvers Police Department during normal administrative hours (8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday-Wednesday; 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Thursday; 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Friday).

If the incident has resulted in criminal charges (arrest, summons, or warrant), you may only get the report from the Essex County District Attorney's Office (978-745-6610) or the clerk of courts (978-744-1167).

We do not release the police officer's narrative of traffic accidents directly to drivers. Your insurance company or attorney must seek these reports by writing to the Danvers Police Department and enclosing a check for $5.00.

If you have any questions or special circumstances, contact the Records Unit at 978-774-1213 ext. 118 or lhorn@mail.danvers-ma.org or visit us during normal business hours.